Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Waimea Valley and the Beach

On one of Lance's recent days off we headed up to the North Shore for an easy hike as a family. We decided to hike the Waimea Valley that ends with a waterfall and small lake you can swim in. We chose this "hike" because it is extremely kid friendly. It is only 3/4 of a mile and is paved the whole way to the falls so we could push a stroller. There are also lots of plants and beautiful scenery to stop and look at as well as some historical sights. We had fun and the girls walked the whole way.





After our hike we wanted to go to Waimea beach at the bottom of the valley, but all the parking was full so we headed down the coast and found a nice beach to play on. I wish I would have written down the name of it because I would like to go there again, but I can't remember what it was called.




Ahhhh... the view.

Eating sand. He will not stop! I had to keep my eye on him the whole time. The next day he had so much sand in his poop. Talk about exfoliating your colon.

2 comments:

nate_clarlaw said...

You're funny - colon exfoliation - ha ha ha ... he doesn't seem to be enjoying it in his picture ;)

Looks like it was a beautiful day! I'm glad you're getting to know the Island more - you'll know of all the good places to take us when we come and see you!! :)

ToniBug said...

I an in envy of your view and how close you are to the beach!! I had a good 5-minute laugh about William exfoliating his colon. haha