Monday, July 15, 2013

Hawaii

We have been in Hawaii for just shy of two months now. So far we are adjusting well. When we first got here it felt more like a vacation because we were in temporary housing waiting for our things to arrive. We rented a small one bedroom condo close to the beach on the North Shore. We really enjoyed it. It was a bit cramped, but had everything we needed (kitchen, dishes, laundry, etc.) to get us through the next month. We went to the beach frequently and enjoyed sitting on the patio in the evenings. Lance even got to go dumpster diving on Father's day when William threw my wallet away and we didn't notice it was missing until it was in the bottom of the dumpster.

We finally moved into our house on the 26th of June, even though our things hadn't arrived yet. We only had to wait a week, but one week living in an empty house and sleeping on air mattresses really makes you appreciate what you have, like something to sit on instead of the floor.

We really like where we live. There are a lot of pros and cons, like we live in a gated community with it's own beach, fitness center, security guards, stand alone houses and elementary school, but the houses are old and have a lot of bugs(aka ants and termites) and a lot of little lizards that poop everywhere. The lizards were cute at first until I discovered what they leave behind. They do eat the bugs, though. The walls of our house are very thin, so thin that when we hung up pictures a few of the longer nails went right through the wall and are sticking out of the side of the house. :)  So we have a few things to get used to, but compared to other places we looked at this was the best. Overall, we are very happy with where we are and how things are going.

I haven't taken a lot of photos since we have been here (naughty me). But I will show you what I have taken so far. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Eva on the beach. I have one on my tablet, but I have no idea how to get it from there to the blog. So if anyone knows how, let me know.





1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm glad you're blogging again! Your kids are adorable and I love seeing pictures of them. Enjoy Hawaii!

I email pictures from my tablet to myself -- maybe that will work for you too.