Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life!

My aunt died after battling with brain cancer for over a year on the 7th. Her passing has really put things in perspective for me. What is really important? All of us have an allotted amount of time on this Earth. What am I going to do with that time? It makes me want to dig deeper into the gospel and to try to be a better person. It makes me want to spend a lot more time with those I love because we don't know how long each of us has.
My aunt, Nancy, was a teacher of music, but she taught me many things. She even took the opportunity to teach Elizabeth even though she was so sick that she couldn't walk. When I went to visit her I took Elizabeth and she saw some dolls on my aunt's piano. I told Elizabeth that they were dolls from Korea and my aunt explained to Elizabeth that Korea was a country like the United States. I didn't even think to explain that to her. Nancy makes me want to be a better teacher for my daughters. We learn so much from our mothers and I want to make sure that I take the time to explain and teach, even when I don't feel like it. Thanks for teaching me that lesson Nancy. We will miss you.

No comments: